We can support all types of copyright, data protection and licensing needs.
What we do
Our specialist team can help with everything required for copyright and data protection compliance. Whether it is policy development work, infringement advice, contract drafting or health checks, our work supports better business.
Our Compliance Wheel below outlines the types of help we can provide and is based on our holistic integrated approach. The broad range of policies, procedures and tools which we can create, support our clients along their copyright and data protection compliance journey by embedding best practices at the heart of all their activities: Rights and Privacy By Design.
Governance & policy frameworks
- Risk assessment and risk registration frameworks
- Business & strategic planning associated with rights and permissions
- Information governance and policy frameworks
- Copyright and data protection health checks & audits
- Infringement & breach policies drafting
- Copyright, data protection and licensing policy drafting
- Creative Commons policy development
- Review and amendments to related policies
Procedures & workflows
- Subject Access Request (SAR) procedure
- Infringement & breach procedures
- Rights clearance procedure
- Tracing rights holders, orphan works and risk management procedures
Permissions, consent forms & related documentation
- Subject Access Request (SAR) templates
- Privacy & Copyright notices
- Consent & permissions forms
- Contract drafting and amendment
Training and awareness
- Training & awareness strategy development
- Training & awareness development & delivery
- Collections Management Systems: rights & permissions fields
- Digital Asset Management (DAMS): rights & permissions fields
We help our clients get fast, authoritative and affordable answers. For example, we can help deal with copyright infringements, draft health checks, review core privacy or records management policies, evaluate compliance in a focused area, or give smart, practical advice around brand, business innovation and digital strategy (including DAMs and cyber security).
For bigger challenges we can work alongside our clients to ensure compliance and implement the necessary cultural change to develop best practice in copyright, licensing and data protection. From a health check to a policy and licensing framework, we have the flexibility to do whatever is needed across all our core areas and always delivered with a unified, cross-discipline view of rights and permissions.
“We recently procured Naomi Korn Associates to review how we manage intellectual property rights in the delivery of our work. Naomi and her team were patient, professional and immensely knowledgeable displaying experience and expertise of IPR and how it applies in a Museum context. They listened closely to our questions, understood our challenges and worked with us to identify effective tools and training we can use to effectively manage IPR across all our activities.”
National Museums Scotland