NKCC offers a comprehensive and tailor-made rights clearance service for collections of any size – from individual items to hundreds or ten thousands of items and any type of content including text, images, audio and film footage.
Rights clearance services include:
- Advice about the types of permissions which may be required
- Advice on the exceptions to copyright which might apply
- Development of licensing frameworks
- Rights research; tracing and negotiating with rights holders
- Reasonable searches in accordance with recommended criteria
- Checking privileged sources of information
- Seeking permissions for third-party rights and for multiple uses
- Risk assessments where clearances have not been sought
- Establishing spreadsheets and databases to manage rights
- Drafting template letters and forms
- Organising mail-merges and mailshots
- Project management and support to existing rights clearance projects.