NKCC offers a comprehensive, expert and tailor-made rights clearance service for collections of any size. This can include individual items or hundreds/thousands of items including text, archival content, images, audio and film footage.
Rights clearance services include:
- Advice about the types of permissions which may be required
- Advice on the exceptions to copyright which might apply
- Implementation of established rights clearance workflows
- Development of licensing frameworks
- Rights research; tracing and negotiating with rights holders
- Reasonable searches in accordance with recommended criteria
- Checking privileged sources of information
- Seeking permissions for third-party rights and for multiple uses
- Risk assessments where clearances have not been sought
- Establishing spreadsheets and databases to manage rights
- Drafting template letters and forms
- Advising about orphan works solutions and where appropriate, uploading information on the EU Orphan Works database
- Organising mail-merges and mailshots
- Project management and support to existing rights clearance projects.