16 December 2022
Data Protection Mentoring & Development (6-month programme)
Naomi Korn Associates are pleased to announce that the next cohort of our innovative Data Protection Mentoring and Development programme is now available to book.
Starting in January 2023, our programme brings together a small group of staff responsible for data protection for regular training, mentoring, and sharing of best practice.
Participants gain access to:
- Comprehensive training and reading materials
- Weekly group video calls with other staff in similar roles for sharing of best practice and discussion of challenges/questions
- Weekly 1-2-1 coaching sessions with our experienced programme lead
- Access to Naomi Korn Associates’ high quality templates including ROPA, Data Breach documents, DPIA and LIA templates
What will the programme cover?
- Data Protection Principles
- Privacy Notices
- Special Category and Criminal Convictions data
- Data Protection Training & Awareness Raising
- Records of Processing (ROPA)
- Information Asset Register
- Data Rights
- Information Security
- Data Breach Management
- Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Data Processors, Data Controllers and Contracts
- Reports, Monitoring and Assurance
- And more!
What do our participants say?
“Working with the Team from Naomi Korn Associates over the months has provided me with an excellent breadth of knowledge and experience in many data protection areas. The focused reading material coupled with the practical advice and assistance from experienced data protection professionals has enabled me to revisit, refresh and build on existing areas of knowledge as well as providing a solid introduction to new areas.” Clare Chatfield – Information Assurance Team, University of Essex
How much time does the course take?
“We found that leaving the office to attend a full day’s training course can be challenging, and attending a full day of online training can be mentally demanding. To make our course fun and engaging we provide learners with access to weekly, bitesize content. Building a relationship with a coach and live learning group offers a great way to transform that learning into real world change” – Jess Pembroke, Programme Lead and Head of Data Protection
The participants meet weekly as a group for 1 hour per week, and with their coach for ½ hour per week.
Participants need to complete their reading in their own time (generally 2 hours weekly).
How much does it cost?
The course costs £2495+VAT and equates to over 80 hours of learning, which means it’s excellent value for money.
When does the course run?
The course will commence Monday 16th January 2023, with participants meeting on Mondays and Thursdays for 20 weeks. We take a break for February half term, Easter, and May half term, meaning the course finishes on Thursday 29th June 2023.
Please note, for the benefit of participants, programmes are strictly limited to 8 participants maximum, so don’t delay, book today!
For more information and to book your place, click here.